As an owner of a digital agency, you get the luxury of trying some of your clients’ products and services. I oftentimes find myself an advocate for them not only because of the nature of my job, but because I love what they do and believe in them.
Monarch Plastic Surgery & Skin Rejuvenation is one of those unique situations where I have been a client for more than a year. I started going into Monarch for medical facials, which cleanse and hydrate the skin. I then tried BBL, or BroadBand Light Therapy, which is a light treatment for red and brown spots. Next, I went in for HydraFacials—ultra-hydrating and rejuvenating facials just in time for cooler weather and dryer air. I finally graduated to trying Botox for the first time a couple of months ago for fine lines on my forehead. The experience has been fantastic, and the look is very natural.
When I first started going to Monarch, I began with medical facials. Medical facials follow the same steps as a spa facial—cleansing, exfoliating, extracting and moisturizing—but on a more intense level. The facials were customized for my skin, and I loved the experience every time I went.
Cooler temperatures and dryer means stepping up the skincare routine. To prepare for the seasonal change, I went into Monarch for a HydraFacial with Amy Kate Lane. A HydraFacial is a hydradermabrasion device that cleanses, exfoliates, and then infuses the skin with serums. Basically, the device cleans out the pores while also moisturizing and brightening. I loved the result!
After getting a few medical facials, I then tried BBL, or BroadBand Light Therapy. This light treatment removes red and brown spots on the skin.
Finally I decided to try Botox for the first time a few months ago for some fine lines on my forehead. Because I had never had Botox done before, the nurse injector taking care of me, Ashley Williams, RN, BSN, made sure I was comfortable and was very friendly. She executed a more natural look on my forehead lines, which produced a smooth, glowing forehead that looks completely natural and relaxed.
Monarch Skincare Products
I also use many of the products sold at Monarch, including:
- Obagi Professional C Serum 15: An advanced serum that protects against free radicals, promotes natural collagen production to plump skin, and reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Adding this serum to your routine will promote a more even skin tone and an overall brighter complexion.
- Oil-free EltaMD UV Clear: Helps calm and protect sensitive skin types and promotes the appearance of healthy-looking skin. Very lightweight and silky, it may be worn with makeup or alone.
- Obagi Hydrate Facial Moisturizer: Uses advanced technology and ingredients to make sure your skin stays hydrated all day. Shea butter, avocado oil, mango butter, and glycerin intensely hydrate the complexion for a smooth texture and relief from dryness and irritation.
- Neocutis Micro Eyes Riche Rejuvenating Balm: Intensely moisturizes dry, mature eyes, leaving skin supple and smooth. Micro Protein Complex addresses crow’s feet, hollowness and crepiness. Also alleviates under-eye puffiness with caffeine and refreshes skin with bisabolol.
Winter Skincare Tips
Winter usually brings dry, rough, and scaly skin along with it, not to mention chapped hands, soles, and noses. Here are a few tips to keep your skin hydrated this winter season:
- Use a lotion with salicylic acid to exfoliate dead cells around your hair follicles and reduce the appearance of bumps
- Anything that can trap moisture on skin helps lotions and creams soak in. Slip on some cotton gloves over lotion to help moisturize parched hands. (Pro-tip: You can also wear socks over your hands at night while you’re sleeping!)
- To soften stubborn dry patches on rough elbows and knees, opt for a rich, hydrating scrub made of sugar and honey
For more winter skincare tips, visit https://bit.ly/2JOMuvL.